A software developer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, and maintaining software programs and applications.
I was the sole developer for a custom monitoring solution, Splunk monitoring maintenance and Email Templating System add-ons, People Matcher, Full-stack Tree Manager, and numerous smaller scale applications.
A recent AI search for the responsibilities of a “Software Developer” return this:
Software developers, also known as computer programmers, are responsible for:
- Developing, coding, installing, and maintaining software systems
- Reviewing current systems
- Developing ideas for improving systems
- Working closely with data analysts, designers, and staff
- Writing program codes
- Testing the product before going live
- Preparing user training manuals
Software developers are involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including:
- Gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements
- Responding to outages
- Creating application system models
- Participating in design meetings
- Consulting with clients to refine, test, and debug programs
Software developers should also be able to:
- Determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities
- Study information needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Investigate problem areas
A review of the responsibilities clearly places me in this category.